BOSON MAKE BOSOFLEX FABRIC EXPANSION JOINT
Boson Engg is an experienced manufacturer of Non Metallic fabric Expansion Bellow had having a wide range of design to handle various application in almost all the industrial application. In some cases replaced the Metallic Bellows with fabric bellows for a given Temperature & Pressure. For Gas Turbine application Boson has developed Combined Layer Seal Pack and is capable to handle upto 1200 DEG C temperature.
This ia basically apllied into Gas turbine exhaust system duct for compensating thermal expansion, isolation of vibration and minimizing the loads transmitted to the flanges.
Composit Layer Seal Connections – All Types:
Boson Composit Layer Seal Connections are manufactured for Vibration Isolation. To accommodate Thermal Expansion of duct.Also for noise reduction and to accommodate misalignment in duct due high temperature and pressure.
Boson Composit Layer Seal can operate under +600°C in standard execution (Based on particular fabric selection) This capacity can be extended upto 1200°C by adding insulation Bolstar and Refractory lining in the Steel part.
Normally these seals are supplied with steel parts in both Round and rectangular shape based on the site or ducting requirements.
- Insulation Bolstar are designed and prepared from extra layers of High Temperature Glass / Ceremic wool Blanket which are wrapped with High Temperature Glass Cloth, Woven Type and then whole thing further wrapped with ss 304 wire mesh or Incoloy mesh.
- Selection of thickness of Glass / ceramic wool blanket in bolster depends upon the range of temperature to be Handled.
- The placement of Bolstar for seal plays a vital role in terms of performance of that particular Seal. Normally the composit layers of fabrics are fitted in to the Steel parts and then it become a complete Seal.
- There are various type of steel fabricated section designed like Single Sleeved, Double sleeved, Floating Sleeved, Distant Neck sleeved ect depending upon temperature and Dust concentration in the flow media.
“Bosoflex” Expansion Compensators:
- Boson Make Expansion Compensator are basically designed to protect duct work and other hardware from the thermal expansion due to high tempetature, System vibration transmitted due to misalignment, and also absorb noise developed from system.
- Depending upon the temperature, pressure and dust load carrying by the flow media, no of layers,fabric for the layers and thickness of the fabric are selected. Flexibility of the seal depends on the optimize selection of the fabrics and no of fabrics.
- The primary purpose of the selection would be to accommodate thermal expansion and secondary purpose would be to protect seal itself from any damage. It also provide Mechanical strength, Protects against Buffering, Protects from High Velocity,Protects from becoming Bulge.
- These compensator also can be supplied with or without steel parts.Fabrics can be supplied for existing steel work.For new plant a complete seal also can be supplied.
- In the case of a new plant all the details like application, dust load, temperature etc to be provided for correct and efficient selection. In some critical application flue gas analysis also required.
- Steelwork carriers can be manufactured to ASME IX or BSEN 1011-1:2009 standards.
- Used for abrasion resistant.
- Reactive forces are practically nil.
- Mechanical load can be avoided.
- For fabric selection various options are available.
- Compare to Metallic and Rubber bellow it offers almost unlimited flexibility.
- Can absorb movements in multi direction
- Axial movement (compression and extension)
- Lateral movement
- Angular rotation
- Torsional rotation
- Designer have multi options for selection.
- For installation space requirements are very less.
- Can be custom based considering prevailing duty conditions.
- Easy to transport and easy to install.
- Fabric part can be replaced in the running condition ie without taking any shut down.